The scope of IT Project Management includes reviewing technology and software development processes for organizations, evaluating processes to see if they reflect industry standards and real-world applications, providing quality and increased speed in product and service development, preparing reports that include recommendations, and tracking work within this scope in a projectized manner.
• Enabling project coordination
• Developing a project information and communication system
• Preparing a project plan and applying it
• Executing and controlling a project
• Closing and controlling a project